After 20 years as an internist in Clearwater, Florida providing quality care to large panels of patients I partnered with Dr Caballero at PPS to practice in an environment that provides ample time to foster a more personal, in-depth relationship with patients.
I embrace the opportunity to serve as your advocate for good health in every regard. I believe in thoroughly addressing all aspects of your well-being. My training in public health underscores the value I place on Preventive Medicine and Wellness. My experience as a clinical instructor, primary care provider, hospital attending physician, and former nursing home medical director equip me to manage complex health concerns. As your Private Physician, I welcome the opportunity to serve you providing compassionate, accessible, unrushed, highest quality medical care.
EDUCATION/ POST GRADUATE TRAINING
- Cornell University, Bachelor of Science with Honors in Microbiology
- University of London, Queen Mary College, exchange student
- Stanford University School of Medicine, Doctor of Medicine
- Yale New Haven Hospital, Internal Medicine Internship and Residency
- Yale University Hospital of St Raphael, Chief Medical Resident
- Harvard University School of Public Health, Masters of Public Health in Community Health
- Commonwealth Fund Harvard University Fellowship in Minority Health Policy
- American Board of Internal Medicine – Certified 2001, Recertification 2011, Recertification 2021
- June 2019-present: Florida State University College of Medicine, Clinical Assistant Professor of Internal Medicine
- 1998-1999 Harvard Medical School, Research Assistant
- 1997-1998 Yale University School of Medicine, Clinical Instructor of Medicine
- 1989-1991 Stanford University School of Medicine, Teaching Assistant
- 1985 Cornell University, Biology Tutor
PHYSICIAN LEADERSHIP APPOINTMENTS
- Nov 2019: Member, Quality Improvement/Patient Safety Committee at Sarasota Memorial Hospital.
- 2015-2019 Board of Directors, Baycare Medical Group (over 600 physicians)
- 2014-2019 Board of Directors, Baycare Physician Partners (BPP) Clinically Integrated Network (CIN) and Accountable Care Organization (ACO) over 1200 physicians each.
- 2018 Chairman Clinical Quality and Safety Committee for Baycare Physician Partners
- 2017 Chairman Professional Standards and Membership Committee, Baycare Physician Partners
Birthplace: United States Fitzsimons Army Medical Center, Colorado